Thursday, May 15, 2014

Katlyn's New Mission


Hello again from West Virginia! This blog post is on my first time ever making a solar light! I did it with my new friend Leah Seaman with New Vision Missions in Philippi, WV. It was alot easier then I thought it would be to assemble it, but I also had two wonderful teachers!:) New Visions mission is to make sure everyone in the world has a light... with a single light you can help people have a brighter future whether it is by helping them have light to read for a better education or being able to see their surroundings at night time or to keep animals away at night. A light makes everything alot easier! I am hoping that through my knowledge of their mission I can help expand peoples knowledge of their mission to better the world around us and make other less fortunate peoples future a brighter place! I am setting a goal for myself to tell people I know to help me in my endeavors to "Light an Orphanage". I have always wanted to be able to help people and Orphans especially. Please help me to make my goal! For just $150  you can sponsor a solar light for an Orphan and make their life brighter or for $1600 you can help me light a whole orphanage if not more than that... depending on the size and number of children. I want to be a light unto the world, please help me make childrens future brighter by lighting the world! View pictures below of solar lights you can send to needy children!:) 
New Visions Green team Monday evening!



Katlyn and Leah making a solar light together!:)

First steps to the solar light kit



Katlyn and her wonderful teacher Leah:)

Katlyn, Mr.Ruston Seaman (Leah's Dad) and Leah
marking where the shiny paper should go:)

Time to start cutting!

Leah laughing at Katlyn's OCDness!:)

Almost done! yay:)

Adding the last few finishing touches!

Mr. Ruston showing us how to put the duct tape on easier:)

Time for the autographing!lol

It works! See the happiness on our faces!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment