Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Life With Lyme's

Life with Lyme's Disease...
I'm sure most of you wonder what it's really like, is it truly as serious as people say? It's hard to explain in a whole without showing people... It's this ever present nagging feeling inside you that something is terribly wrong, but you can't pinpoint what exactly is. It's a feeling of worthlessness and guilt for feeling so low and upsetting the people you love around you. It's a feeling of never feeling good enough, pretty enough, strong enough to continue on. It's headaches and muscle-joint pain that takes turns on who's going to make you miserable today. It's a feeling of never being hungry, even when your Mom makes your favorite meals, but just the smell turns you off. It's a feeling of always being so tired.. You feel like you could just lay down in the middle of the highway and go to sleep forever and never pay anyone any mind. It's knowing that your pain is causing the people around you pain so you try to hide that pain from them... Only to realize it makes everything worse. It's not something you can handle on your own, I've realized that the hard way the last few weeks. I can't shut everyone out and fake smile and say "I'm fine" because people will believe you and the when you really aren't fine, you feel like you can't tell them. Thankfully, I have some of the best people in my life to pick me back up when I feel like I can't go any further. I have such understanding loving parents, boyfriend and friends! Even when I try to hide things from them, they keep prying until I spill my guts about it all. I'm ever grateful for their patience and love for me. Lyme's is that feeling where you walk  into a room and you forgot what you went in there for... Every single day, every hour, every minute. What's my advice for someone struggling with Lyme's? Have faith in God and the people around you... When someone reaches out a hand for you , accept it. Don't pull away and think you are shielding people from your pain, because trust me... You aren't. Be understanding to the people around you.. They don't understand what you're going through unless you tell them. They can't help you unless you allow them. Don't be afraid to open up and rely on your loved ones. It helps, I promise.
My advice for those who know someone with Lyme's... Never leave words unsaid... Never take days with that person for granted. Always show your love for that person... Randomness is a good thing... Surprise dinners, a card, a sweet text, a hug... just a hello... It means the world to someone hurting. Pray for them. Love them. Encourage them. It will go further than you could ever imagine.
Thank you all so much for your love and support! I don't know where I'd be without it. Lord Bless ~ Katlyn

1 comment:

  1. love you katydid! Missie misses you but is doing fine. She spent a nice quiet night last night, all night long.

    ReplyDelete