Monday, October 26, 2015

Visiting Eli's School


I was honored to be able to speak at one of  Denver Public school's fifth grade classes while we were there. Our friends son, Eli asked me if I would be the " show and tell" for his classroom. I enjoyed it  ( after 2 days of nervousness) and I was quite impressed with some of their questions for me about our hike. I really wish everyone could have the joy and curiosity of a child. It was such a blessing to spend this fun hour with these children full of interesting questions and complete curiosity. I enjoyed watching and helping them try on my 40 pound backpack! It really brought to life the scriptures about having the faith of a child and the Game show " Are you smarter then a 5th grader?" This weekend we leave Nebraska to head back south to Alabama. On our home way we are going out of the way through Texas and Louisiana because I've been asked to speak at a youth group of around 200 teens . I will be speaking on November 4th and I am super excited! We will also be going on a new adventurous road trip through New Orleans, so keeping watching for my photos and history posts from this adventure.
 If you know of a youth group or school/ college that would enjoy hearing our about our journey, I am available. Contact me at: backpackingkatydid@gmail.com. May God Bless your week! 

Mrs. Natalie's 5th grade Class

Eli and I!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment